At Advanced Orthopedic Specialists, we are devoted to offering you access to the latest promising therapies. One such modality is platelet-rich plasma (PRP) therapy. For patients who have experienced an injury to a tendon or ligament, PRP carries extra growth factors to the affected area, speeding the healing process. The PRP is extracted from the patient’s own blood via a centrifuge and is then injected into the affected area, guided by real-time ultrasonography. Once there, the PRP helps the injured tissue regenerate faster than it would otherwise.
PRP injections can be helpful for the treatment of:
- Spinal ligaments and joints
- Partial rotator cuff tears
- Biceps tendinosis
- Tennis elbow and golfer's elbow
- Ulnar collateral ligament injury
- Distal biceps tendon partial tear
- Chronic thumb sprain
- Joint arthritis
- Hamstring strain
- Patellar tendonitis/tendinosis
- Quadriceps strain or partial tear
- Degenerative arthritis
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Calf pain
- Chronic ligament strains
- Chronic Achilles tendinosis
- Chronic partial tendon tear
- Plantar fasciitis
Dr. Jimmy D. Bowen has completed additional training specifically in PRP and has the expertise and experience to assess, diagnose, and treat your injury or condition.
To learn more about our platelet-rich plasma or to schedule an appointment, please call (573) 335-7040 or click on the Appointment Request button.