Dr. Bowen joined Advanced Orthopedic Specialists in 2007. A native of Cape Girardeau, Dr. Bowen received his bachelor of science degree in zoology and chemistry from Southeast Missouri State University. From there, he went on to complete his medical degree at the University of Missouri School of Medicine. Following that, Dr. Bowen finished his transitional internship at the Naval Medical Center San Diego and his residency in physical medicine and rehabilitation at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota.
In addition to his medical training, Dr. Bowen served as a Captain, Medical Waiver Advisor, and Specialty Leader in Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation for the United States Navy. He also served as Chief of the Medical Staff for the United States Naval Academy.
When not seeing patients in clinic, Dr. Bowen serves as a team physician for Southeast Missouri State University. In his free time, he enjoys spending time with his family, working out, golfing, and playing racquetball.
Dr. Bowen is certified by the American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation. He also holds a Certificate of Additional Qualification in Sports Medicine and is a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist.
- Bachelor of Science, Zoology/Chemistry, Southeast Missouri State University, Cape Girardeau, Missouri
- Doctor of Medicine, University of Missouri School of Medicine, Columbia, Missouri
- Naval Medical Center San Diego, San Diego, California
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota
- American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- American Association of Neuromuscular & Electrodiagnostic Medicine
- American College of Sports Medicine
- Association of Academic Physiatrists
- Physiatric Association of Spine, Sports, and Occupational Rehabilitation
- Society of United States Naval Flight Surgeons
- Southeast Missouri State University