Originally from Cape Girardeau, Dr. Ritter joined Advanced Orthopedic Specialists in 1993. After receiving his bachelor of arts degree from the University of Missouri – Kansas City, Dr. Ritter went on to obtain his medical degree from the University of Missouri – Kansas City School of Medicine. From there, he completed an internship at Spectrum Health Systems in Grand Rapids, Michigan, and an orthopedic fellowship at Saint Louis University School of Medicine. Dr. Ritter then went on to complete his residency in orthopedic surgery at Saint Louis University School of Medicine.
In addition to his clinical duties, Dr. Ritter serves as Chief of Orthopaedic Surgery at Southeast Hospital.
When he’s not seeing patients or mentoring young professionals, Dr. Ritter enjoys an array of activities, including sailing, hunting, and playing polo. He also spends his free time training herding dogs and raising sheep, ducks, and draft horses.
Dr. Ritter is certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery.
- Bachelor of Arts, University of Missouri – Kansas City, Kansas City, Missouri
- Doctor of Medicine, University of Missouri – Kansas City School of Medicine, Kansas City, Missouri
- Spectrum Health Systems, Grand Rapids, Michigan
- Orthopedic Surgery, Saint Louis University School of Medicine, St. Louis, Missouri
- Saint Louis University School of Medicine, St. Louis, Missouri
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Cape Girardeau County Medical Society
- Missouri State Medical Association
- Missouri State Orthopaedic Association
"Well I took a little tumble and injured my knee a few months ago. I have a lot of arthritis in both knees so it hurt and made it difficult to walk. I went out to see Dr. Ritter. He gave me an injection in both knees and prescribed physical therapy. It all went very well and helped so much with the pain. Thanks to Dr. Ritter and the entire staff of Advanced Orthopedic Specialists." -- William S.