Dr. Edwards joined Advanced Orthopedic Specialists in October 2007. A native of Cape Girardeau, Dr. Edwards received his bachelor of science degree in interdisciplinary studies from Southeast Missouri State University. He received his medical degree from the University of Missouri School of Medicine and went on to complete his internship and orthopedic surgical residency at the same institution. Dr. Edwards fulfilled his medical training with a fellowship in sports medicine at Knoxville Orthopaedic Clinic in Tennessee.
In addition to his clinical commitments, Dr. Edwards serves as a team physician for Southeast Missouri State University and Jackson High School. In his free time, he enjoys spending time with his kids, golfing, exercising, and playing the guitar and tenor saxophone.
Dr. Edwards is certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery.
- Bachelor of Science, Interdisciplinary Studies, Southeast Missouri State University, Cape Girardeau, Missouri
- Doctor of Medicine, University of Missouri School of Medicine, Columbia, Missouri
- General Surgery, University of Missouri School of Medicine, Columbia, Missouri
- Orthopedic Surgery, University of Missouri School of Medicine, Columbia, Missouri
- Sports Medicine, Knoxville Orthopaedic Clinic, Knoxville, Tennessee
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Medical Association
- American Medical Student Association
- American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine
- Missouri State Medical Association
- Southeast Missouri State University
- Jackson High School
"I had extensive shoulder surgery in February of 2012 due to labrum tear and other tears around shoulder. Now I have full range of motion and strength back in my shoulder with very little discomfort. My doctors and the staff at Advanced Orthopedic Specialists were very supportive and explained everything that would happen after surgery very well. I will return to Dr. Bowen and Dr. Edwards if I ever have orthopedic problems again. Thank you." -- Doug F.